Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Etsy Shop New Merchandise

When finding and posting new merchandise to my Etsy shop, it becomes one of those things that I dive into and lose all track of time.  Don't you?

Now I know that some of you bake and probably alot, so do I but it does make it just that little bit more special to have some fun with the products you use.

Take these cupcake paper cups.  "A well balanced diet is a cupcake in each hand".  How many of us can relate to THAT statement ?  I know I can.  What a dream to be able to eat all the cupcakes (and cake) you would like and never pay the price (big butt) for it !?  If anyone  can teach me how, I'm all ears.  Really, though it sounds great it's much better to share your goodies with your friends and coworkers, isn't it ?

So, enough about that stuff.  Let's get down to the very first recipe I am going to share with you on my blog as I promised.  This one is for cupcakes with crushed raspberry cream.  YUM !

4 oz butter, softened
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup caster (superfine) sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

crushed raspberry cream
8 oz raspberries
1 cup double thick cream
1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar, sifted

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  In an electric mixer, put the butter, eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar, milk and vanilla extract.  Beat for 4 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Line your cupcake tin with paper cups (which you can find at Cake Walk Atelier on Etsy).  Spoon the mixture to about 3/4 full.  Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on racks.
The raspberry cream is made by placing the raspberries into a bowl and gently crushing them with a fork.  Add the cream and sugar, folding to combine.  Done.
To serve, just take a small spoon and scoop out a hole into the top of each cupcake.  Fill the holes with the raspberry cream and then replace the cake where you had scooped it out previously.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment