Monday, February 21, 2011

Cake Mix and 7 Up Cake

Have any of you ever tried Weight Wactchers ?  Come on now, be honest.  Many of us have and failed but many have and have been really successful.  The hardest thing I find is that I cannot satisfy my sweet tooth(and boy, is it a mega one) on Weight Watchers.  But have I got just the cake for you if you're like me.

This is a box cake mix and 7 Up soft drink.  You read it right.  Now, if you know me at all, I am a made from scratch kinda gal but sometimes you just gotta have an easy cake without all the butter, etc.  and here it is.  By the way, you can make this with any flavor cake mix and carbonated soft drink.  You put it together to your flavor likings.

1 box cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup carbonated soft drink
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Mix all together and pour into 2 8" rounds or 1 9 x 13 pan sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Poke with a toothpick in the center to assure doneness.  Cool on a rack.

When cool, ice as desired...........................done.

Now, how much easier can that be.  I just baked one myself and will be putting some cream cheese frosting on it.  Cool Whip also works as an icing, just be sure the cake is completely cool or the Cool Whip will melt and run all over the place.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment